Better Off Dead: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 26 in the Jack Reacher series.
- #1: Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Running Blind (Jack Reacher #4) (Paperback): $16.00
- #5: Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Persuader: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Enemy: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Jack Reacher: One Shot: A Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Hard Way: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Bad Luck and Trouble: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Nothing to Lose: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Gone Tomorrow: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: 61 Hours: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Worth Dying For: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: The Affair: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: A Wanted Man (with bonus short story Not a Drill): A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #18: Never Go Back: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #19: Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Make Me (with bonus short story Small Wars): A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #21: No Middle Name: The Complete Collected Jack Reacher Short Stories (Hardcover): $27.00
- #22: The Midnight Line: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #23: Past Tense: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #24: Blue Moon: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #25: The Sentinel: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Jack Reacher is back in a brand-new page-turning thriller from acclaimed #1 bestselling authors Lee Child and Andrew Child.
Digging graves had not been part of my plans when I woke up that morning.
Reacher goes where he wants, when he wants. That morning he was heading west, walking under the merciless desert sun—until he comes upon a curious scene. A Jeep has crashed into the only tree for miles around. A woman is slumped over the wheel.
Dead? No, nothing is what it seems.
The woman is Michaela Fenton, an army veteran turned FBI agent trying to find her twin brother, who might be mixed up with some dangerous people. Most of them would rather die than betray their terrifying leader, who has burrowed his influence deep into the nearby border town, a backwater that has seen better days. The mysterious Dendoncker rules from the shadows, out of sight and under the radar, keeping his dealings in the dark.
He would know the fate of Fenton’s brother.
Reacher is good at finding people who don’t want to be found, so he offers to help, despite feeling that Fenton is keeping secrets of her own. But a life hangs in the balance. Maybe more than one. But to bring Dendoncker down will be the riskiest job of Reacher's life. Failure is not an option, because in this kind of game, the loser is always better off dead.
About the Author
Lee Child is the author of twenty-five New York Times bestselling Jack Reacher thrillers, with sixteen having reached the #1 position, and the #1 bestselling complete Jack Reacher story collection, No Middle Name. Foreign rights in the Reacher series have sold in one hundred territories. A native of England and a former television director, Lee Child lives in New York City and Wyoming.
Andrew Child, who also writes as Andrew Grant, is the author of RUN, False Positive, False Friend, False Witness, Invisible, and Too Close to Home. Child and his wife, the novelist Tasha Alexander, live on a wildlife preserve in Wyoming. He is the co-author of the #1 bestselling Jack Reacher novel The Sentinel.
Praise for Better Off Dead
“The mixture of brute-force and intellectual problem-solving is just right.”—Booklist
“Smart writing, vivid action scenes, and dramatic twists mark this seamless effort. Even those for whom this is their first Reacher novel will be clamoring for more.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“Lee Child and Andrew Child return for another jointly written Reacher adventure. . . . Andrew Child smoothly slips into the signature minimalist prose of the iconic series, picking up just where his brother leaves off, for a book that should please old stalwarts and new fans alike.”—CrimeReads
Praise for the Jack Reacher series
“The truth about Reacher gets better and better. . . . This series [is] utterly addictive.”—Janet Maslin, The New York Times
“Jack Reacher is today’s James Bond, a thriller hero we can’t get enough of. I read every one as soon as it appears.”—Ken Follett
“Reacher is the stuff of myth. . . . One of this century’s most original, tantalizing pop-fiction heroes.”—The Washington Post
“I’m a fan.”—James Patterson
“The Reacher novels are easily the best thriller series going.”—NPR
“Reacher is a man for whom the phrase moral compass was invented: His code determines his direction. . . . You need Jack Reacher.”—The Atlantic
“I pick up Jack Reacher when I’m in the mood for someone big to solve my problems.”—Patricia Cornwell
“[A] feverishly thrilling series . . . You can always count on furious action.”—Miami Herald