There are four ways to partner with Patchouli Joe's Books & Indulgences:
- Author book signings/events
- Local/Indie author Book Fair Day
- Non-book consignment
- Other organization events
Please complete the appropriate form(s) and return them to us to start partnering with Patchouli Joe's!
- For events, complete the PJ's Event Request Form. Please note that non-author events, you only need to complete the "Event Request Form" portion. For author events, please compled the "Event Request Form" and the "Author Signing Event" portion of the form, as well.
- For consignment, complete the PJ's Item Consignment Intake form.
As always, if you have questions, please feel free to contact us at Contact@PatchouliJoesBooks.com or call us at 940-808-0530
Patchouli Joe's Books & Indulgences would love to hear about the event you'd like us to host. There are few things we need to tell you first.
- We generally do not charge for the use of our space. Since we don’t charge, our hope is that the community groups, book clubs and audiences that attend our events will recognize that we must make money to survive. We ask that you consider buying our coffee and snacks while you are here.
- We also hope that book clubs in particular will consider buying their books at Patchouli Joe’s. We will offer a 10% discount to all book club specific purchases. For those attending readings, consider supporting both the writer and the store by buying the highlighted book.
- There are very few spaces that can survive without charging for use. Imagine trying to meet in a fastfood restaurant—or any restaurant—without purchasing something. We recognize that there’s something different about an independent bookstore. Our relationship with our customers is certainly not just economic. We love the conversation, the community spirit, and the sense of engagement that a bookstore provides.
- We also want to continue to be here to enjoy all of that.
Tips for a successful author engagement:
- Encourage your family, friends, and other contacts to purchase books, and especially your book, at Patchouli Joe’s Books and Indulgences or through our website.
- Contact your local media and mailing lists to let them know that the book is available at Patchouli Joe’s.
- Send press releases, review copies, and other promotional materials to your local media and book bloggers.
- Get involved with book clubs, libraries, and other community organizations.
- Get involved with the American Booksellers Association through IndieBound.org. If your book has an ISBN and you list your book on IndieBound.org, your book will be made available to indie booksellers nationally.
To list your book on IndieBound.org:
- Create your personal account at IndieBound.org.
- Go to ww.indiebound.org/addabook.
- Submit data and image.
- You will receive an email when your book is approved. Once approved, it can take up to 24 hours for your book to appear in the search results on indie bookstore pages and on IndieBound.org.